Creating an API Key on BitMex
Log into your BitMex account.
Visit the BitMex API documentation page if you need more information (https://www.bitmex.com/app/apiKeysUsage). Do not share your API keys with anyone.
Click API keys on the left side of your Account page.
Create your API Key. Name it something you can remember. You can always create a new one.
- Leave CIDR blank
- Choose “Order” on Key permissions
- Leave Withdraw unchecked
- Click “Create API Key”
Now you have your API Key numbers below. Tealstreet needs both numbers. The API secret code will not be available once you leave the page so either write it down or copy and paste.
- Open Tealstreet.io and log in
- Click “Settings”
- Then click “New API Key”
- Entering your API Key information into Tealstreet.
- Choose the correct exchange from the dropdown menu.
- Now you can paste the API keys from BitMex into Tealstreet.
- DO NOT CLICK READ ONLY if you want to place orders with Tealstreet.
- Check to make sure you used the correct exchange for the API key.
- Check to make sure you use the API Secret and API Key in the correct places. They are easy to mix up.
- Delete the API key and try again.